New Homes in Colorado Springs
So many decisions arise when you are ready to take the big step and buy a home in Colorado Springs. One of those decisions you will have to make is whether you should purchase a new or an existing home. Depending on the specific area of Colorado Springs you are interested in, there may not be new construction going on nearby and then you may have to go with an existing home. Your Colorado Springs Real Estate Agent can assist and represent you when purchasing a new home.
Do research when you are selecting a home builder whether they are a custom builder or a well known builder in Colorado Springs. Talk with owners in the new area to get an idea what the builder’s customer service is like, if they have any complaints, or other relevant feedback. Find out how strict the HOA is in the neighborhood if you think your lifestyle may interfere (i.e. many pets, fixing cars, RV’s, etc…).
A few questions to ask a builder representative:
- How long will it take for the home to be built?
- Does the builder allow any customization to the available floor plans?
- What types of green features does the builder include?
- How are problems with a recently built home or customer complaints handled?
- Does the builder have a soil report?
- Have Radon tests been completed?
- What upgrades are included in the base price of the home? Many upgrades seen in model homes often cost extra and upgrades can really add up with new builds.
- What incentives is the builder offering? For example, some builders offer free finished basements or closing costs if you utilize a specified lender.
- What is the cost and frequency of the HOA dues? What do the HOA dues include?
- What warranties are provided with a new home purchase?
If you would like more information about purchasing a new home in Colorado Springs, contact me, your Colorado Springs Real Estate Agent.
New Construction Sites in Colorado Springs and Surrounding Areas:
Briargate Area – New Home Construction
- Cordera– Saddletree Homes, Keller Homes, Campbell Homes, Vantage Homes
- Cumbre Vista– Keller Homes
- Pine Creek– Classic Homes, Symphony Homes, Vantage Homes, Saddletree Homes, Keller Homes, Vanguard Homes, Copper Valley Builders, C.R. Shea Homes, Robert Scott Custom Homes
- Wolf Ranch– Classic Homes, Covington Homes, Creekstone Homes, Goetzmann Custom Homes, Richmond American Homes, Vanguard Homes