1. Lower utility bill– Less square footage in your home translates into a lower utility bill each month. Utilities are expected to increase 23% this winter, so having less space to heat is appealing for many home buyers in Colorado Springs.
2. Less Stuff– With a smaller living space, it’s harder to hold onto those things you haven’t used in a long time. You also don’t have to worry about purchasing tons of furniture. Since smaller spaces have become more popular, many furniture providers such as Pottery Barn have furniture lines created specifically for smaller rooms and living areas.
3. Less Maintenance– If you have a smaller home, there will be less to clean and maintain. Smaller living spaces can be appealing to individuals who are very busy and do not have time to clean a large home or maintain a large yard. Many empty nesters also desire smaller homes since they want to have less to maintain.
4. Lower property taxes– There is a good chance if you buy a smaller home in Colorado Springs, your property taxes will also be lower than living in a larger, more expensive home.
5. Lower mortgage payment– If you buy a smaller home in Colorado Springs, your mortgage payment may also be lower. Having extra money in your pocket each month to spend on other things is a bonus!
For further information on available Homes in Colorado Springs contact your Colorado Springs Realtor, Patricia Beck.