1. Hello Sunshine! We have around 300 days of sunshine a year! It is not uncommon to have snow followed by sunshine here. Unlike other states, we still see the sun during the winter months.
2. We have seasons! People I talk to that have left Colorado for a warmer place always say they miss the seasons. Winters have become much milder in Colorado and since there is not an issue with humidity here, we do not have the bitter cold like other places in the Midwest or East coast. The weather in Colorado Springs has been known to go through all the seasons in one day; the weather can be very unpredictable.
3. Attention Outdoor lovers! If you like hiking, biking, kayaking, rafting, skiing/snowboarding, snowshoeing, or fishing; we have it all nearby! You can hit the ski slopes in less than three hours. There are many hiking trails in Colorado Springs and surrounding areas and if you like the challenge of hiking Fourteeners, there are 54 in Colorado. No wonder Colorado Springs was named the fittest city in the nation by Men’s Fitness Magazine!
4. Beautiful Scenery! If you are looking for beautiful scenery, we have it, and don’t forget about the Rocky Mountains! Colorado Springs is nestled at the base of Pikes Peak and the views of the Peak still amaze me even though I am a Colorado Native. Pay us a visit, you’ll see!
5. Great place to live! Colorado Springs has ranked high for being a great place to live, work, and play. The economy in Colorado Springs remains stable; there are many high tech companies and military installations here which promote job growth. The city of Colorado Springs welcomes many tourists each year who come to see popular sites including the Air Force Academy, Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, and various Christian Organizations.
If you are thinking about Relocating to Colorado Springs or have inquiries about the real estate market in Colorado Springs, feel free to contact me!