If you are planning on buying a home in Colorado Springs, take a look at the list below to find out what you will need to make your home buying experience a success.
1. Choose a Colorado Springs Realtor whom you can trust and feel comfortable with to assist you.The seller normally pays the buyer’s agent in Colorado so having a buyer’s agent who works on your behalf is a no-brainer!Make sure the real estate agent you choose has a flexible schedule, listens to your needs, and is knowledgeable about real estate in the Colorado Springs area.
2. Be equipped with comfortable shoes, a camera (or video camera), and a notepad when looking at homes in Colorado Springs.After a while, they may all start to blend together and you may not remember one from another unless you jot down notes and take pictures or video of potential homes.If you look at ten homes in a day, comfortable shoes are a must.Make sure they are easy to put on and take off in case you view homes that require buyers to remove their shoes (this is very common in the winter time).
3. Utilizing Google maps can give you a much better idea of a home’s location and surroundings.Google has various maps including terrain maps that are very useful if you are looking for a specific topography.Google Street View is a 360° tool that allows you to see a prospective home at eye level!Google Earth is another great tool as well, especially, if you are looking to buy land.
4. Searching for homes in Colorado Springs online is a great way to find specific homes that meet your criteria.Even better, receiving email notifications of new listings that match your needs can make your Colorado Springs Home Search, much easier!
5. Work with a reputable and experienced lender.Ask your friends and family if they have recently utilized the services of a lender they trust.Your real estate agent may also recommend a few loan officers that she has had a good experience with.You may shop around to see who can offer you the best interest rate or mortgage product.Be wise and don’t get into a home at the top end of your price range, you will probably have other expenses besides your mortgage and being house poor is not fun.Not sure how much house you can afford?Use this mortgage calculator as a guide.